Sunday 6 October 2013

I'm Not Dead..Yet



Hi..I've neglected my blog for two weeks now but I have a very good reason for doing so. Just in case you were wondering where I've been (because the world revolves around me) I recently moved. This is the first time I've had to move in my life and I learned a few things.

  1. I hate furniture, it's fucking heavy. In the future when I get my own place all my furniture will come from IKEA no matter how tacky it may look
  2. That little voice in my head that whispers to me about how I'm such a “big strong man” was talking about a different Faiz or has been lying to me for most of my adult life.
  3. I need to work out more. Maybe when I spend more time lifting weights instead of burgers I'll feel a lot better.
  4. I do not look sexy when I sweat. I've carried enough mirrors to know this.
  5. It's not over when you move OUT. Because once you get to the new house you have to move IN. See points 1-4.
So that's pretty much it for me. Hopefully now that we're settled I can back to my usual writing schedule.

I came across a news story that sort of gave me hope for the future. In the West Bank a group of Israeli Defense Forces were on patrol when they entered a dance hall and found a wedding party taking place. “Gangnam Style” was playing and they decided to join the party and were filmed dancing with the partygoers. And once the song was over they left and went back on patrol.

A brief moment of levity in a country where such news is few and far between. Life's a lot better when people just get along. It's nice to see the other side of the soldiers. Sometimes we see the weapons and the uniforms and we forget that these soldiers are human beings who have they're own thoughts and aren't mindless automatons.

Of course the Israeli military did not find this incident amusing. Apparently the controvesy is that that the area the soldiers were patrolling had been rife with Hamas activity in the past. In a statement released by the IDF it as said that "the soldiers exposed themselves to unnecessary danger and were disciplined accordingly." Party poopers..either that or they weren't big fans of Psy. It's amazing how one song can bring people together. Wait..does this mean that Psy would be eligible for a Noble Peace Prize now?

Don't take my word for it here are some links:


No comments:

Post a Comment